Roasted sweet potatoes are a delicious and healthy side dish that is perfect for any occasion. They are also very easy to make and can be customized to your liking. This recipe is for a basic roasted sweet potato dish, but you can add or remove any ingredients that you like.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for 20-25 minutes, or until tender and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
- For a sweeter roasted sweet potato dish, add a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup to the sweet potatoes before roasting.
- You can also add other vegetables to your roasted sweet potatoes, such as carrots, Brussels sprouts, or broccoli. Simply cut the vegetables into similar-sized pieces and roast them with the sweet potatoes.
- If you are roasting a large batch of sweet potatoes, cut them into smaller cubes so that they cook evenly.
- To make roasted sweet potatoes ahead of time, roast them as directed and then let them cool completely. Store the roasted sweet potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply warm them up in a saucepan over low heat or in the oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-15 minutes.
Roasted sweet potatoes are a delicious and healthy side dish that is perfect for any occasion. They are also very easy to make and can be customized to your liking. Enjoy!
Some additional tips for making the best roasted sweet potatoes:
- Use a variety of sweet potatoes. There are many different varieties of sweet potatoes, each with its own unique flavor and texture. Experiment with different varieties to find your favorites.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into even-sized pieces. This will help them cook evenly.
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet. If you overcrowd the baking sheet, the sweet potatoes will not roast properly.
- Roast the sweet potatoes until they are tender and golden brown. Overcooked sweet potatoes will be mushy, while undercooked sweet potatoes will be hard.
- Season the sweet potatoes to taste. Add salt, pepper, and other herbs and spices to your liking.
How to choose sweet potatoes for roasting?
When choosing sweet potatoes for roasting, look for potatoes that are firm and have a smooth skin. Avoid potatoes that are soft or have bruises or blemishes.
Should I peel sweet potatoes before roasting?
You do not have to peel sweet potatoes before roasting, but you may want to if you prefer a smoother texture. If you do choose to peel the potatoes, be sure to remove only the skin and not any of the flesh.
How to cut sweet potatoes for roasting?
The best way to cut sweet potatoes for roasting is to cut them into cubes or wedges. This will help them to cook evenly. If you are cutting the potatoes into cubes, aim for cubes that are about 1/2-inch in size. If you are cutting the potatoes into wedges, cut them into wedges that are about 1/4-inch thick.
How to season sweet potatoes for roasting?
There are many different ways to season sweet potatoes for roasting. Some popular options include:
· Olive oil, salt, and pepper
· Garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika
· Chili powder, cumin, and coriander
· Cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
· Honey, maple syrup, or brown sugar
You can also add other herbs and spices to your sweet potatoes, such as rosemary, thyme, or sage.
What temperature to roast sweet potatoes at?
The best temperature to roast sweet potatoes at is 425 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature will help the potatoes to cook evenly and develop a crispy exterior.
How long to roast sweet potatoes?
The roasting time for sweet potatoes will vary depending on the size of the potato pieces and the temperature of your oven. However, a good rule of thumb is to roast sweet potatoes for 25-30 minutes, or until they are tender and golden brown.
How to serve roasted sweet potatoes?
Roasted sweet potatoes can be served as a side dish or as a main course. They are also a popular ingredient in salads, soups, and stews.