Chocolate chip cookies are a classic American dessert that is loved by people of all ages. They are also very easy to make and can be customized to your liking. This recipe is for a basic chocolate chip cookie, but you can add or remove any ingredients that you like.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the centers are set.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For chewier cookies, chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- For crispier cookies, bake for a few minutes longer.
- You can also add other ingredients to your chocolate chip cookies, such as nuts, dried fruit, or candy pieces.
- If you are making a large batch of cookies, you can freeze the dough for up to 2 weeks. Simply thaw the dough overnight in the refrigerator before baking.
Chocolate chip cookies are a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that is perfect for any occasion. They are also a great snack to have on hand. Enjoy!
Here are some additional tips for making the best chocolate chip cookies:
- Use good quality ingredients. The quality of your ingredients will make a big difference in the taste and texture of your cookies.
- Don’t overmix the dough. Overmixing will develop the gluten in the flour, which will make the cookies tough.
- Chill the dough before baking. This will help the cookies to hold their shape and prevent them from spreading too much.
- Bake the cookies on the middle rack of the oven. This will help them to cook evenly.
- Don’t overbake the cookies. Overbaked cookies will be dry and hard.
- Let the cookies cool completely on a wire rack before storing them. This will help to prevent them from becoming soggy.
With these tips, you can make delicious and perfect chocolate chip cookies every time.
What are the ingredients in chocolate chip cookies?
The basic ingredients in chocolate chip cookies are:
· Vanilla extract
· Baking soda
· Chocolate chips
You can also add other ingredients to your chocolate chip cookies, such as nuts, dried fruit, or spices.
What kind of flour should I use for chocolate chip cookies?
All-purpose flour is the best type of flour to use for chocolate chip cookies. It will give you a soft and chewy cookie.
What kind of sugar should I use for chocolate chip cookies?
Granulated sugar and brown sugar are both commonly used in chocolate chip cookies. Granulated sugar will give your cookies a crisp texture, while brown sugar will give them a chewy texture. You can use a combination of both sugars if you like.
What kind of butter should I use for chocolate chip cookies?
Unsalted butter is the best type of butter to use for chocolate chip cookies. It will give your cookies a rich flavor.
What kind of chocolate chips should I use for chocolate chip cookies?
Semisweet chocolate chips are the most popular type of chocolate chips to use in chocolate chip cookies. However, you can also use other types of chocolate chips, such as milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or white chocolate chips.