Peanut butter cookies are a classic American dessert that is loved by people of all ages. They are soft, chewy, and full of peanut butter flavor.
· 1 cup (2 sticks; 227g) unsalted butter, softened
· 1 cup (200g) packed light or dark brown sugar
· 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
· 1 large egg
· 1 cup (250g) creamy peanut butter
· 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
· 2 1/4 cups (340g) all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon salt
· Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
· In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg until well combined.
· Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
· In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
· Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
· Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
· Flatten each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern.
· Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
· Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Peanut butter cookies are a delicious and versatile treat that can be enjoyed for any occasion. They are perfect for a snack, dessert, or to share with friends and family.